Registration Logistics and Procedures
All players, managers, and coaches must be registered and rostered in SQWAD to participate in SFYS leagues
Player registration checklist (click here for downloadable PDF versions of all registration documents)
- player photo (to confirm ID)
- government-issued birth document (to verify age)
- signed waivers, registration payment (completed during the online registration process)
Note: SFYS does not place players on teams. If you are looking for additional players for your team: Player Connection
Click here for a quick reference checklist of coach & team manager registration requirements
Team manager risk management requirements (set by state and federal law):
- SafeSport (recognizing and reporting abuse)
- Intro to Safe & Healthy Playing Environments (concussion and sudden cardiac arrest)
- RSI Self Report (background check)
- LiveScan (fingerprinting)
SFYS has additional requirements for Coaches:
- in-person field training
- coaching certification (can be completed online through US Soccer)
- profile photo (so referee can confirm ID)
At no point may any team's roster go above the maximum or below the minimum for their divison – Click here for Roster Overview
No player release or transfer will be processed if the loss of that player puts the team roster below the minimum.
All Roster Change and eligible refund requests should be emailed to email@example.com with completed forms attached.
During the season, please allow up to five business days for us to process your request.
- Adding a new player (not already rostered on a team for the Spring season in SQWAD):
- (Parents or Guardians of) All Youth Players must create an account in SQWAD and complete the Player Registration Requirements. (Varsity players age 18+ must register themselves.)
- Players returning from the Fall 22 season who have already had their birth date validated will not need to reupload any documents
Adding a new player who is already rostered with another team for the Spring season:
- You'll need a transfer form signed by an admin from their current team, destination team, and the player's parent/guardian – click here for the form
- There is no cost for a player to transfer to another team
- Dropping a player who has registered in SQWAD:
Additional manager resources
- Registration Overview
- Fair Play & Sportsmanship
- Adherence to SAY x2 Policy
- Use SFYS Team Time for additional practice space
- Coach Connection (to help find a coach if you need one)
- Reserve space for team/club events at the SFYS office
Embrace the Sideline Project -
The Soccer Parenting Association has created an education platform intended to empower parents, players and coaches with information that will help create a supportive, collaborative playing environment. Especially if your family is new to soccer or sports in general, the Sideline Project gives an overview of how adults can positively impact player experience and development – without muddying the waters with constant feedback and instructions from the sidelines.
SFYS has paid for access to the Sideline Project for all parents with players in one of our leagues. Access the platform through the link on the SFYS Soccer Parenting page to get free access.