Australia and New Zealand
Building upon the success of the inaugural #SFYSBroad 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup trip, San Francisco Youth Soccer will be heading to Australia and New Zealand in summer 2023 to see multiple World Cup games and visit cultural and historic sites along the way!
Current Itinerary: 13-day trip from July 21 - August 2, 2023
New Zealand highlights:
- Waiheke Island – Zipline through native rainforest
- Visit Rotorua – geo-thermal pools & Geysers
- Lake Rotorua Skyline gondola & Luge ride
- Indigenous Hangi Dinner at Tamaki Maori Village
- Visit Hobbiton (middle earth)- Lord of the Rings movie
- Free time to explore Auckland
- Sydney City Tour including Opera house Tour, Sydney Harbor Bridge, Sydney Ghost Rocks, Visit beach town of Manly
- Stadium Australia Tour – site of the 2000 Olympics
- Free time in Sydney
FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023:
- Tickets to up to three (3) matches (3rd match subject to final World Cup schedule and locations) - At least one match in Auckland and one match in Sydney
Who Can Go?
The entire SFYS Community is invited!
All Youth Referees & Players age 12-18 plus friends and families are welcome. The trip is open to all youth in San Francisco leagues – our house leagues, regional travel leagues or a local school league. Attendees are not required to be currently playing in San Francisco Youth Soccer leagues – you are invited to join us if you just aren’t playing right now (e.g., Fall 2021) or you’ve aged out of the leagues we offer (i.e., 18+).
SFYS is proud to again be partnering with WorldStrides
WorldStrides has been around for over 50 years & some of you might even recognize the name from educational trips they offer! They offer the highest value, the most inclusive experiences, yet also will work with you to make sure you can afford the trip (see below).
The program WorldStrides is custom designing for SFYS combines:
- Sports focus – trainings, friendly games/matches, pro clinics, attend pro matches, stadium/facility tours (friendly games/matches and pro clinics will depending up the age range of the participants)
- Educational & Cultural focus – Historical sights & landmarks, City tours, service learning activities, team building exercises, Cultural immersion
On the tour, we will have our own 24/7 WorldStrides Australian Tour Director who will take care of everything from start to finish. We will just sit back and enjoy the sights and experiences & let the team bond ahead of the new season or in celebration of the old!
Additional benefits of partnering with WorldStrides includes:
- Doctors on call while on trip
- $50M liability insurance
- $1M USTOA Traveler’s Assistance
- Accident, illness, and accident-related dental insurance coverage
- 24/7 ground support with dedicated full time tour director (from the Melbourne WorldStrides office)
More Details: worldstrides.com/travelsafe is your source for info about the additional Covid-19 related health & safety measures that will be in place for our trip.
SFYS and WorldStrides hosted an informational meeting for #SFYSAbroad: Summer 2023 Women’s World Cup in New Zealand and Australia on Thursday July 29, 2021 via Zoom.
If you missed the information session - or were able to attend and would like to review the details, you can review the presentation here and watch the presentation here with Access Passcode: ^NuB6&Q+
If you act fast and register by August 19, 2021 you get an early sign-up special discount of $250!
How to register:
- Trip ID: Kober-9006
- Two Easy Ways to Sign Up: Online & Phone
- Online: https://sportsportal.worldstrides.com
- via Phone: 800-468-5899
Questions about trip logistics, please contact: Jamie Kent at Jamiek@worldstrides.com or 916-850-1987
Questions for SFYS? Reach out to Angela@sfyouthsoccer.com
Breaking Down the Cost
$5,809 per person based on 25-29 travelers. (There is a $250 early sign-up special discount that expires on August 19th which brings to cost down to $5,559)
- In the end, if there are only 20-24 travelers the trip will cost $164 more per person
- In the end, if there are 30+ travelers the trip will cost $97 less per person
The cost is almost all-inclusive. What’s included:
- Round trip Airfare from SFO – incl taxes
- Accommodation – 3-4* Hotels (double/triple occupancy)
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Transportation via Private bus throughout
- 24/7 Full time tour director
- 2/3 Professional match tickets
- Stadium Tour
- All sporting content
- Sightseeing & cultural activities
What’s not included:
- Lunch daily
- Anything not covered in itinerary
- Single room for adults ($85 per night supplement)
Discounts, Financial Assistance & Fundraising
WorldStrides Excel offers financial assistance to families, they help with fundraising and players can even earn 3 free college credits via their unique partnership with University of California – San Diego ... plus, there’s the option to only pay 60% of the trip before traveling!
WorldStrides is offering several discounts that are separate from the early registration $250 discount (early registration deadline 8/19/2021)
- 10% off for the 3rd family member
- 15% off for the 4th family member (also good for the 5th, etc. family member)
- Returners: If you’ve traveled with WorldStrides before (with SFYS in France 2019 or any other sport or education program organized by WorldStrides) you qualify for a $100 per person returner discount
The family member discount and returner discount are additive, meaning discounts may be combined! … and in addition to the early bird discount if you sign up by August 19, 2021.
To take advantage of discounts, all you have to do is commit by registering and making a $50 or $99 deposit. There are several payment options that require different deposits and have different payment plans over time. Payment Plans
- ‘Gift of Sport’ donation page – Set up through your online account once registered – share via social media to receive donations directly into your account.
- Manchester United Raffle – Tickets and Raffle rules will be shared with group leader once group is registered – Sell Tickets for $10 each to help raise funds for your trip
Fall 2023 Pre-Season Meeting Q+AHi all!! 00:10:27 Lucy: Can you please tell us where and what time the field training is tomorrow? Is the field session SOCCER PARENTING
YAC Opens Applications for Fall 2023 CohortThis past Sunday, SFYS Youth Advisory Counsel came together to volunteer at Foggolazo and plan for our upcoming fall
Sun 8/20 is the 2nd Annual FOGGOLAZO!Sunday, 8/20 at Ft. Scott : FOGGOLAZO! Community Soccer Day and Summer Soccer Jamboree for incoming 2nd & 3rd Grade Teams, SFYSYAC
USL2 SF Derby: Saturday, July 15th, 6:00 pm kickoff at Kezar Stadium!Come out and support your local community owned USL2 team, SF City FC, in the SF Derby as they take on the SF Glens!When: LOCAL SOCCER
SF Youth Soccer Night at the San Jose Earthquakes!!Join the SF Youth Soccer community at the Bay Area's biggest summer soccer event! The California Clasico is the historic rivalry LOCAL SOCCER